As some of you know, this is his last semester of his undergrad, which is pretty spectacular! This isn't the end of schooling for him - he will be attending law school in the fall. Gian took the LSAT's in December and I vowed (due to his modesty) to never share his score. But of course, I can tell you how proud I am of him! Not only did he study for over 10 months but he took the LSAT's with a new born who was only 6 weeks old - like the stress of school finals, work, and studding for the LSAT's weren't enough! There is nothing this man can't handle.
Since he has finished his LSAT's and applications for law school, he is anxiously waiting to hear where he gets accepted. I know that this may be the hardest part of the process for him. I try to reassure him that everything will be fine and work out the way it is suppose to, that I don't have a single doubt in him or his decisions. But of course, I am not the one doing all the hard work, so all I say is just words. I hope that in our conversations that he will find truth in what I say so that it may comfort him. These are all the reasons why I believe there is nothing for him to worry about. That all he has envisioned will manifest and the righteous desires of his heart will be answered.
Gian is one of the most dedicated and driven people I have ever met. He is so committed in everything that he does, and on top of that he really is the smartest human being I know. He makes test taking and schooling look easy. I don't know how he does so well on every test he takes. Of course he studies, but the things he studies for are incomprehensible to the average Joe. Everything that this guy does is done with passion. All of these things combined are a recipe for success, and I know that Gian will continue to grow and become the family man and career man he has been striving for.
Sometimes I am not sure Gian is aware of his own brilliance. He is so humble about everything. He never tries to correct someone for being wrong, or not knowing their facts right. He never looks at anyone for being lesser of a person or for not being "smart enough" or "too dumb". He doesn't judge people, instead he accepts them for who they are, PERIOD. He never tries to one-up someone or be competitive with them. In every conversation there is always a chance for him to brag about all the things he knows, or to prove to someone why he is so smart, but he doesn't. He finds common ground to relate to people to build true genuine relationships.
When it comes to religion and spirituality, he is the exact same. After being born and raised devout Catholic, and against his cultural and family's acceptance, Gian joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the age of 16. I know it is hard enough to stand apart of the high school life style, but to stand apart from your own family is that much more honorable. I have heard his dad, Jerome, tell the story of Gian's birth several times. When Jerome held Gian for the first time he knew that he was going to be a spiritual leader, so he wanted to be sure to give this new baby a strong name, a name that everyone would know him by - Giancarlo M. that is a name that you will never forget. I find it astonishing that Jerome was so intuitive to know that his son would grow to become a very righteous and spiritual man. Gian knows so much about our church and all the doctrine. He is very obedient and righteous. Gian was born to constantly break the barrier, to prove that he is not just ordinary but extraordinary. He is constantly choosing what is right and standing for his beliefs. He hasn't failed at this one bit. Instead he has become more excellent then anyone could have possibly imagined.












3 comments:
What a sweet post. I don't know how you could know Gian and not just love him.
And yes! He is brilliant.
Well said! Gian is awesome! I have no doubt that he could get into any school he wants!
Aw that's a great post. We love Gian! I think husbands sometimes deserve a little more public credit than they get, and you did a great job at acknowledging him. We can't wait to find out where you guys end up in a few short months!
Post a Comment