Monday, April 18, 2011

3 W's

Wow, what a Weekend!!!!!

I was all excited because my whole family was coming into town. It was Crosby's baby blessing on Sunday, and Hunter's 3rd birthday. So I have been anxiously waiting for all the excitement. Well, we got more then we bargained for when I say we were all waiting for the excitement. Here is what went down.

Eke had his shots on Friday, and he was not feeling very well.  Sad babies are the saddest thing. He snuggled with me all weekend.  He would clinch his hands and arms around me while resting his heavy head on my shoulder or chest. Awwww poor little man! By the way, he is also teething so he still isn't feeling all that well.

McCall got her hair done... stupid hooker died it orange and purple!!! I am not kidding or exaggerating. ORANGE and PURPLE!!!! It was bad enough that I let McCall barrow my hat. Has anyone messed up your hair so bad it leaves you with this hole in your stomach? Well that is exactly how she felt. If you would like to see photos you may do so by clicking here. I don't feel like the pictures really capture the true color.

Saturday morning we wake up with a sad baby and a phone call about an hour later that said McCall had a seizure and was in the hospital. Yep, pretty dang scary!!! Luckily she is ok, nothing serious happened, especially because these things are very serious! The doctors don't know why it happened, and they don't believe it will happen again. She will be going to the neurologist to confirm that. One of the things they believe might have triggered it was stress and being off of her sleep pattern. I am thankful that nothing worse happened. I seriously think her hair dresser got her chemicals from Tijuana, or maybe on the black market, causing McCall to have a seizure. We all met up at McCall's house that night to eat some dinner and because she was doing so well, she wanted to continue with the original schedule.

Sunday they blessed Crosby and it was lovely. What a cute little baby! He has already gotten so much bigger. His older brother, Callum, has been so cute. Cal loves Ella and Koko, anyone else is just not relevant to him hahahaha. Here are just some photos of the event.





















Hunty is now a big kid and is 3 years old!!! This kid is so so so funny. Here are a few things that he said:

Brittany: Hunty are you a big boy now?
Hunter: Now, I'm a babeball man!!!

McKinley: Hunty can I have a hug, I have missed you!
Hunter: No, I stinky!
McKinley: What? You are stinky?
Hunter: Yeah, I stinky all the time!!!
McKinley: Ohh that is ok, I don't care.
Hunter slowly walks over and gives me a hug and kiss ahhaha. It was like he was thinking... ohh you don't care?!? Ok then, I don't mind!

Hunter: What's this?
McKinley: That is Eke's helmet, it helps round out his head.
Hunter: Ohh Eke has hockey helmet!

Hunter: Bye Bye Eke Hockey!

Can you tell Hunty is all about sports? What a boy!!! For his birthday we gave him a baseball action figure. When he saw me carrying the present he jumped up and yelled, "PRESENT!!!!" He opens it up and says, "Ohhh babeball man!!!" and he will make the action of the man swinging his bat. Brittany then told him, "Hunter, now you can play with him in Ella's doll house," as she laughs under her breath. Hunter replies, "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!" Oopies, sorry Ella!! You may now have one more reason to not want your little brother around.

I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!

20 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Well, I went and looked at the pictures, and, you're right -orange and purple.

As for seizures - boo!!! (we know too much about those over at my house)

Lisa Christine said...

Ooohhh...one more thing...about my house. Yes, I am sad to be moving. When we bought this house 6 years ago we thought it would be our 'forever house'....lol....that was before Elisabeth.

Now it's time to start preparing for her future so we're building a handicap accessible house - just three blocks away :)

Brittany said...

It was a very exciting weekend. But I love seeing all of the family and letting the cousins spend time together.

Diana Smith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tommie said...

Such a sweet post. Families are everything, aren't they?

I did check out your sister's hair. I will say, it's very shiny, which is good. But yeah, too cool AND too warm. Wow. I think that takes serious talent to mess up someone's hair that well.

I'm glad she's doing okay though. I hope they confirm that there will be no more seizures.

Unknown said...

Dude that is my number one scare about letting people do my hair - the botch risk. Hence why I haven't had my hair cut/dyed since October...

Side note, your jacket is way cute.

R+M said...

hahahahah I love this post. Family IS awesome I am so glad we were all together this weekend.

and I love that people agree my hair is HORRIBLE, especially because no one commented on it on my blog! I was beginning to wonder if I was being dramatic--but then Ryan reminds me that I have lavender hair. hahahaah, you're so right--WOW, WHAT A WEEKEND!

Stand a Little Taller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott and Laura said...

To "Stand a Little Taller' - Looks like someone has ZERO sense of humor. Lighten up dude. No one likes a high and mighty, holier than thou kinda person. If you don't like a blog post, then don't comment.

R+M said...

To the person who commented on my sister's choice of words: I understand your comment was probably meant kindly, but these posts are counterproductive. It comes across as self righteous rather than concerned and by posting a comment rather than addressing her privately it creates more drama than it clears up. Unfortunately I don't think comments like these stem from concern or a sincere attempt to open someone's eyes but rather from a judgmental criticism towards someone that said posters don't know all that well.

Stand a Little Taller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott and Laura said...

I am glad you see yourself to be hilarious. But lets face it, the comment you left was just rude, you must think so yourself or you wouldn't have kept yourself anonymous. McKinley is a big girl, big enough to make her own decisions. It's called free will sweetheart. She has never said anything like that in front of her son, and don't for a second try to convince us you have never done/said something that you wouldn't do/say in front of your kids. Next time, keep your negative/rude/judgmental comments to yourself.

Stand a Little Taller said...

Laura:
Wow. Just wow. I JUST admitted that I know I'm not perfect - not even in front of my kids. OF COURSE I've made plenty of mistakes !!! I still do! None of us are perfect, not even you. I didn't (and still don't) think my comment was rude and I'm truly sorry that you CHOOSE to see it that way and CHOOSE to take offense. If you would set aside your pride and read it in a spirit of love I think you would see that.

McKinley:
I'm truly sorry that a comment that was kindly meant has hijacked your blog. I didn't even think to email you, clearly that would have been better. I am sorry, truly I am. I always look forward to coming here for a little bit of sunshine. Sorry for the clouds...

Scott and Laura said...

You know what 'anonymous' i wasn't the only one who took offense. I was defending my friend who didn't deserve such a comment in a place where it clearly states 'Words of affirmation'. If you admit yourself you are not perfect, then why point out such a trivial thing? Why did it matter to you so much that you needed to make yourself anonymous, and point out that you think she is a bad example to her son? If you really, Gods honest truth, felt your comment was in love, and kindness, i am afraid your perception is somewhat jaded. Perhaps you should re-read your comment. THE END

Unknown said...

Hey "Stand a Little Taller"...you're a hooker...

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

First things first.... Thank you all for your comments. Thank you McCall and Laura especially for defending me and being a good samaritan by standing for what you believe is true and correct.

As for Stand a Little Taller- I would like to say thanks for your thought. However I have no idea who you are. I would find it only appropriate for you to identify your self. If you truly think highly of me then why do I not know who is leaving me a comment. I do have to say your comment was rude. I personally don't believe that it came from a love place at all. If you truly know me and my husband you know that the word hooker is hilarious to us and we say it in stead of dumb, retarded, gay, or any other offensive word or cuss word. Any of the words I listed above are very offensive and I do not take lightly, nor will I stand to hear. Those words are wrong and it is name calling. Obviously the woman who did my sisters hair does not sell her body for sex... which is exactly why it is funny. I did not list her name or her salon, and if she were to hear me say that I am sure she would not find it as offensive as the words I mentioned above. If anything she might even laugh with us. I don't know?!?!

I don't care if you try to be rude at all. I am all for people sharing their thoughts and opinions, especially if it has to do with me. My only request is to not hide your name and face. That is the honorable thing to do. And because you are hiding something it makes me believe you knew you were in the wrong when you left the comment in the first place.

So please keep expressing your thoughts and opinions. I really don't mind, just have the guts to let me and everyone else know who you are.

If you didn't know already... words and actions don't affect me. I know in my heart of heart who I am, and never feel the need to prove that to any one. However I will and always will defend me, my family and my friends and anyone else I believe is in the wrong. I think you should read these two post...

http://gianandmckinley.blogspot.com/2011/01/dont-be-hatin.html

http://gianandmckinley.blogspot.com/2011/04/door.html

PS It sounds as though you know me and my family pretty well, so why not tell me who you are?

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

bahahhahahahaha not the second link, but this link. OOPIES!!!!

http://gianandmckinley.blogspot.com/2011/04/dumb.html

Stand a Little Taller said...

Wow. Oh well, one less blog to read. I would keep apologizing if I thought the message would get through but clearly it won't. Just in case it will I'll try one more time: I truly am sorry.

P.S. - I don't have a blog or google account to link to (and don't know what an OpenID is) but if you want to keep insulting me and calling me names you can email me at standalittletaller82@yahoo.com. My name is Sarah.

Scott and Laura said...

Ok 'Sarah', perhaps with the other blogs you do read, you will be a little more tactful when leaving a comment. Or maybe just don't say anything at all.

Brittany said...

I usually never reply to threads like this because I think it is negative and counterproductive, but since Mckinley is my sister and clearly she felt that this comment was a jab at her, I feel the need to say something. Clearly this has been completely blown out of proportion and it doesn't seem that this has anything to do with a word that was used. It seems like you have an issue with McKinley. While its great that you have apologized, but no one knows who you are it so it doesn't mean much. Since you seem concerned with being Christ like, I would suggest that you reach out to McKinley as the real you and address your concerns with her in private. I think that so many of these disagreements can be cleared up with honest communication. And if you are not really interested in clearing the air, then maybe you should just keep your comments to yourself, otherwise you are just creating a ton of negativity and that is the opposite of being Christ like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...