Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's a Great Day!!

Yesterday was such a wonderful day!! Regardless of the weather... it was beautiful!!

Gian had to be at school at 7:00am. That is sooooooo freaking early!!! OK, so we aren't much of early birds... even Ekemona likes to sleep in until 8:30-9:30. We love love love to sleep! Anyways, Gian had to be out of the house at the butt crack of dawn to take his last few finals. HE IS ALL DONE PEOPLES!!! He is a BYU alumnus... and college graduate! He is walking today and Friday. I am so proud of him! Now on to bigger and better things - like law school, the summer, and vacations. Hhahah Those are bigger and better then school, right?!?

And even EkeMoMo got G a graduation gift {well sorta}. Ekemona no longer has to wear his helmet!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?! I knew his head was rounding out really well, and I knew he has made some serious progress, but man this kid shocked all of us. Yesterday we took him to the doctor to see how much longer he needed to wear it. I was really hoping the doctor would say he only needs to wear it at night. NOPE!!! The doctor was so amazed, that in only 6 short weeks, the helmet had totally corrected the shape of his head. We didn't have to cut E's hair, he doesn't have to wear it in the heat of the summer, and he doesn't need it when we are in Maui. He doesn't even have to wear it when he sleeps. Dr. Morales said that he has never seen a baby make such a turnaround, and he believes it is because we put him in the helmet so early, and that Ekemona was the youngest they ever put a baby in a helmet. He even mentioned how severe Eke's condition was and that it was so neat to see him make such a fast change. No more visits! Ekemona is allllll done and only in half the time they quoted. Way to go little man!!! Helmet Shmelmet! Eke totally rocked it! {I am really excited about this... can you tell?}

The only regret I have is we didn't decorate it!!! Ohh man! If money grew on a tree or if I had a Cricut, then I could have done something special, but I can't believe how fast the time went. I kept saying, "Next week, I will find something." Well you can only wait so many weeks huh?!?


So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen... goodbye, helmet. You will be missed, ummmm not really... I was just trying to be nice hahahah.

Hip, Hip Hooray!! What a great way to feel the sunshine .... on an overcast day!

6 comments:

Scott and Laura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tommie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kme1981 said...

So many great things are happening in your house today! Congratulations for graduation from BYU and the helmet!

Lindsay said...

You must be so relieved about that helmet. It looks so itchy!! That's so amazing that Gian is graduated. What a good feeling. P.S. I'm a free woman now so we should get together when you have some time. s

Lisa Christine said...

Great, great news! And Maui? Really? Lucky duck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...