Monday, April 25, 2011

6 Months

Wow, it has already been half a year since Eke was born. How do I stop time? I am loving every second of this. Sometimes I wonder if I really am soaking up every moment.

My little bean sprout is sprouting away, here are his stats:
Length: 27" (77.21%tile)
Weight: 16.58 lbs (39.15%tile)
Head Circumference: 17.25" (57.17%tile)

This helmet worked amazingly. The person who invented this thing should be a millionaire. At E's 4 month appointment his head was measuring 17" and was in the 75.04%tile. After just 6 weeks of having the helmet, it has brought his head circumference back down to the average range. So it may look like his head only grew a quarter of an inch, but it actually grew evenly and proportionally.  

I am very proud of him because he didn't cry when he got his shots. WHAT... WHY... HOW... I don't even care, I am just glad it didn't even phase him. He is pretty tough huh?!? Unfortunately, he became very sick with a fever, throw up, and poop galor! He first started rolling over at 4 months and has been teething since that same week, but no teeth yet. And he is now scooting like a caterpillar, I can't wait to see what else he will do. 

His Likes:
Hands, rolling over and over and over, his loud toys that light up, rice cereal, people dancing, people watching, big kids, technology (anything with a screen), Baby Einstein, his jumper, bath time, getting diaper changed, walks, swimming, being held, his Koko, Tatu, Lola, and Lolo, car rides, being scared (seriously this will always get a laugh out of him), and people talking to him in a higher voice.

His Dislikes:
Being hungry and tired, not getting to see his dad all day, Gian's fake laugh (which by the way is hilarious. E will burst into tears and I can't seem to understand why), binkies, being bored, and missing his extended family... I can tell!!

In another 6 months, this little guy will be 1 year old. Until then, here are photos of his growth...
One Day Old
One Month Old
Two Months Old
Three Months Old
Four Months Old
Five Months Old
Six Months Old

8 comments:

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kme1981 said...

What a cute little man you have!

Sarah said...

AH! He is getting so BIG! And to think I haven't even met him yet. Sad day.

Tommie said...

What a beautiful little guy. Yes, boys CAN be beautiful!! He's just precious and I love that your chronicallying his growth and personality so well.

And thank you so much for your encouraging reply to my post last week. It was so sweet of you and meant a lot to me.

Camille Spence said...

Gaaaaaah he is SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! In only 4 months I will have a little sprout to love on to. And remembering how short it was that Z was born makes 4 months seem even SHORTER!! Time has absolutely flown, I can not believe he is already 6 months old.

Scott and Laura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindsay said...

Wow Kin. Sounds like he is just doing perfectly!! He is so darling too!! Glad things are going to so well. Sounds so fun that your girlfriend is coming out too. Let me know when you have some extra time and we should grab some lunch with our boys!!

sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...