Friday, April 15, 2011

The Door

The door that leads into Eke's nursery is sticky. It makes a very distinct noise when you open it. Every now and then we need to get into Little E's room for one chore or another. He used to sleep right through it, but now he associates that noise with us. Whether he is fast asleep, groggy, or wide awake with no time, he pops right up looking for that confirmation of us in the door way, and this is what we see...
Cooing and Gaing, having a good ol' time.
Then he sees my face, and I am rewarded with this!
I can't do anything but laugh because I love how he peeks over the railing just to get the right glimpse. I love that he is anxiously waiting to spend time with us and that he knows that noise means he will see our faces.

These are the simple joys of being a parent and it makes my whole day.

4 comments:

Tommie said...

He is so sweet. I remember those days of seeing the little eyes peeping over the edge of the crip rail. So adorable.

Brittany said...

Ha ha! Lily totally does the same thing and it cracks me up every time! I love little Z he is so cute!

Diana Smith said...

Olivia's room is just like that! The door makes a small sound so she always knows when we are checking on her! It sucks when we wake her up and she is sleeping haha

Tiffany said...

You are so right...it's the little things! He's so adorable...did you know that? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...