Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blackened Ahi

I thought I would share this recipe with you. I love Ahi, and our local grocery store ships in Hawaiian fish live then butchers them at the store. That is as fresh as they come. I usually buy their Ono, which is divine and my favorite fish,  but I thought I would try something new, so I bought Ahi.

One of my favorite ways to eat Ahi is seared and spicy. So I went down the spice isle and found this....

Like my ghetto photo?!?!

Right away, I knew I could make something amazing. Here is how you cook it.

Ingredients
*1lb of Ahi {it should be a steak, or fillet-like cut. It can be as thick or thin as you want. 1 lb should feed 2-3 people}
*Salt
*Pepper
*Cajun Blackened Seasoning
*1 Tbls Olive Oil
*1 Tbls Butter

~Warm pan on stove on medium heat.

~ Salt and pepper all over fish and then evenly sprinkle the cajun seasoning. Take one finger and rub seasoning so it thinly coats the fish completely. Flip fish and repeat step on other side.

~Add olive oil and then butter. Let butter melt completely {The butter keeps the olive oil from burning too fast}.

~Add fish and let cook for less then 5 min and flip. Fish should be pink in the center and cooked on the edges. Do not cover pan while cooking fish, it can overcook the fish causing it to be tough and too well-done.

~Serve with rice and some veggies {I did string beans}.


This is one of my favorite meals to cook. It is fast, easy, and reasonably priced. I hope you like it!!

I am linked up with: Finger Prints on the Fridge,

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Yummy! I wish our grocery store had fresh fish like that!

Tommie said...

Oh my husband just wishes I'd make something like this. Poor guy. I'm just not a fish eater, not at all, so he suffers from fish-deprivation. Maybe I'll send him the link to your recipe and let him make it himself. :-) It really does look good. Wish I were all mature and willing to try new things. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...