Thursday, April 7, 2011

His People's Food

Whenever there is anything Asian, Gian will yell out, "MY PEOPLE!!!" He has no shame.... you do not want to be around us when we are in China Town. Seriously, he will yell it at anything Asian, even if it has nothing to do with Filipinos i.e. The Chinese Dragon will still get a, "MY PEOPLE!!" My dad looked at him and said, "You are not Chinese!!" Gian's response "Yeah, but I'm Asian!" My dad was bent over holding his stomach trying not to laugh harder.

Monday we started Eke on rice cereal. Gian has been anxiously waiting for this day because rice is one of his favorite things to eat with every single meal, plus he associates rice with his culture. So when I came home from the gorcery store with a box of rice cereal Gian looks at Ekemona and says, "OUR PEOPLE'S FOOD!!!" So here is Eke eating "his people's food." PS Check out his bib!!! I think it is amazing.



8 comments:

Diana Smith said...

It looks like he loved it!! Look at that smile on his face! And, when they have rice cereal, they sleep amazingly!!!!

Tommie said...

Awesome! I love that he's getting to try cereal. I do have to say, though, with all due respect to the first comment, that neither of my daugthers' sleep habits changed even a little when they started solid foods. Alyssa didn't sleep through the night until she was two years old and Olivia was almost two years old when she finally started. Just didn't want you to get your hopes up for the sleep. Of course, my kids might have been sleep-weirdos. :-)

Brittany said...

He is so cute, he seems like he loves it! Its a whole new world for him.

sarah said...

Oh rice cereal! Peyton loved it, until she got a little older and realized "other" foods had more flavor and then it was dunzo with that. Just wait until you can mix fruit and veggies with it, the mixtures are endless. I just wouldn't do peas and pineapple, that one didn't go over to well and I can't for the life of me figure out why.... haha :)

ParkerMama said...

LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing!


xoxo


Tammy and Parker
www.prayingforparker.com

Lindsay said...

So cute kinners! I love the "my peoples" Gian sounds crazy!! And your little guy is to die for. He seriously couldn't be cute! And tell Gian congrats on graduation! What a big day!!

Tiffany said...

My people! I love it. Your son is so flipping cute.

Lisa Christine said...

'My people'...ha ha....that cracks me up. [and I'll never look at a box of Gerber's rice cereal the same again...lol!]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...