UNTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL one day I heard that placing the burn under a running fosset of luke warm water does the trick. The reason this works is because you're bringing the skin's temperature back down to the natural temperature of the body. Ice causes the skin more damage because it is too extreme for the delicate skin to handle, causing it to throb and even blister.
The last few times when I have burned my fingers, I have tried this tactic and it has made the world of a difference. It didn't throb for much longer, it didn't blister, and it didn't change in color. Even though the skin was still damaged, the pain was not as bad as I had presumed it would be. This is hands down the best method I have ever had for minor burns. Ohhh and if you have burn cream/spray lying around... that really helps too, just place a band-aid over it to seal the medicine.
So remember, the next time you are cooking or doing your hair, and your little fingers seem to have gotten in the way, don't reach for the butter or ice... who knows what good either of those do anyways. Instead, these 3 easy steps will make you feel like the burn never occurred!!
1.) Place burn under luke warm water {around body temperature} for 60-90 sec
2.) Apply minor burn medicine directly on burned area
3.) Place band-aid on top of medicine to seal and protect








3 comments:
Ok thank you for these tips.. honestly lol
Everyone always says cold and it NEVER works.. I have always had to use luke warm water so I am glad to hear this is the way to do it :)
I love that you shared this! Because the first thing I do is grab some ice or get the faucet water as cold as possible! I'm totally trying this next time!
Putting peppermint oil on right way helps with the cooling. Lavender oil helps with pain and the healing. That's what I have used when I have burned myself. P.s. I love reading your blog.
Post a Comment