Thursday, June 23, 2011

Miniature Dinosaur

Did you know that I have a miniature dinosaur on my lap?!?! What... You didn't? Ohhh let me show you:

She is a 2005 PowerBook G4.... I actually am not even sure what that means, but she is 6 years old. That is like 90 years in technology life.

I try not to judge her too much because I know it can be hard to work at that age, and for the most part she is a precious and sweet creature. Other times when I nicely ask her to edit photos on Photoshop or Illistartor, I feel like she is looking at me like this...


AND IT IS FREAKING SCARY!!!! You know when she gives you that color wheel of death... I fear that she may suddenly combust into dust and evil particles causing me to be computer-less.

I would also like to inform you that her battery and charger are on life-line constantly!!! She will only live without the charger for about 15 min, and to charge the giant beast you have to hold it in a very certain and particular way.... ALSO she will not allow me to watch any videos whatsoever!!! UGH!!!!

She gets the job done, and that is what I am thankful for.... she may take 3 min to fully load Nie Nie's page, but she gets 'er done!!! I wish we could afford another one to replace her with... or I wish the Apple store did something like a trade in, you know like what they do for cars, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO they act like you should just splurge or go in debt.

So here is my most brilliant plan... I will find a way to sell things - either headbands, or something else I have never even heard of, or possibly just lemonade. I will call it "A Mac for a McK Foundation" and 100% of all proceeds will go to a new computer. I will even make a chart that will show where the goal is and how far away I am from reaching that goal. IT WILL BE PERFECT!!!

If you would like to participate in this foundation, feel free to email me.
I am seriously kidding and could not take any money from anyone... EVER!

5 comments:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Wow 6yrs that is a long time in computer years! Mine is only 3years old and acting up:-(

Kate said...

Aww I love this post! I can totally relate. This was me 2 months ago. And my dinosaur finally died :(. It was a PC, so It was even worse. Any time I asked it to do something, It would just crash! I ended up getting a new computer last week. If you end up buying new one, I suggest the Mac Book Pro. I'm loving it :)

Brittany said...

Good luck with your foundation, I hope you can figure out to get a new computer quickly!

Sandy a la Mode said...

hahaah you are soo funny!! i def think you need a new computer! i couldn't deal w/ that slowness!!

Bel said...

Ok this is completely irrelevant to your post, but I just looked through some of your old entries, and you are SOOO pretty!! :) I really love how you look SUPER happy when you smile haha.

<3 Belly B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...