On Sunday I decided to make mac and cheese for lunch... this never happens in our house because neither one of us are truly big fans. ANYWAYS.... this meal inspired me to sing a song while cooking.
Me: Yankee Doodle went to town riding on a donkey
Gian: WHAT? You have got to be kidding me right?
Me: Umm, what are you talking about?
Gian: Riding on a donkey... No, it's a pony!!!
Me: Ohh like a pony is any better!!! Ponies are the smallest horse on this earth...
Gian: Donkeys are associated with bad things... they're an ass
Me: Yanky Doodle went to town riding on a PONY, stuck a feather in his hat and called it Yankee Dandy
Gian: SERIOUSLY?!?! Do you not know your childhood songs? He called it macaroni...
Me: I DON'T FREAKING KNOW, I FORGOT!
Ok space cadet brain.... if I was making macaroni and cheese, and macaroni inspired me to sing the song, how did I forget that word in that line? And why in the world would he ever ride a donkey? It was like I leaned over the boiling water to check my noodles and some brain cells got damaged in the process.
And can we please talk about why Ekemona looks so serious in this picture? For about 10 minutes this was his face the WHOLE TIME!!! hahaahha Ohhhh I love that little man!
Why so sssssssssseeeeeeeeeerious?!?






9 comments:
LOL. So funny & so cute!
Please know that you are not alone in this sort of thing. I say the silliest, ditziest things in the world and my husband often just has to roll his eyes and walk away. Poor guy.
Eke is just SOOO cute, seriousneess and all.
haha his face is so funny. I love how serious he is.
Fave blog post. Hahahahahaha.
That was hilarious and I totally feel Gian's pain:)
I think z's face has to do with the the four hour school regimen you have him on :)
Ba ha ha! Sing those words with pride my lady! Your lyrics are way more fun anyway.
I am totally loving your blog, girl! It is fantastic.
I can't believe you went to school with the Hills girls. That's crazy! And awesome, obviously.
And, I am the queen of getting song lyrics wrong. I unintentionally make up lyrics all the time. I'm so glad I'm not alone.
Now I'm off to proceed in my stalking of your blog.
what a cute baby!!
haha this is a funny story! my husband is like you. he always starts singing songs and makes up his own words! I'm like the lyrics police, I always tell him those aren't the words haha! oh and his face is classic! love it
Post a Comment