I took this one last weekend
I am in love with this amazing building... mostly because it is like a modern day castle!!!
These two I stole from Courtney Davis.
Random fact,did you know that every detail of this temple... even down to
the door knob, stone, and hinges have a meaning and story?
Well guess what?!? Here, in the Salt Lake City Temple Visitor's Center, they have made a replica of what it looks like inside this temple. It looks like the most perfect and beautiful doll house you will ever see. It is enclosed in a glass case to help preserve it, but I felt the need to share as much as possible with you. Keep in mind that my images do not even come close to capturing all the tiny details and all the beautiful handwork that is found in this amazing temple. This is the east side of the building with the tree point
pillars (as seen in the image with the tulips).
Do you see the spiral stair case in the two towers?
This is the inside of the building with the south wall removed.
Same picture as above... just a different angle
I was trying to get a closer view of the baptismal font.
This is what the touch screen looks like. This is the baptismal font.
I want to share another totally random fact... did you know that when buffalos feel threatened, they put
their calf/calves in a center and circle around him while facing out as a form of protection,
just like these oxen. This was not designed with that exact purpose,
but I found the similarity so fascinating.
If you ever find yourself in Utah, you will have to go to Temple Square to learn all about the history of this building and the state. It is quite the phenomenal story! Plus you can go see the replica in real life! They have these touch screen displays that take you step by step of what each room's purpose is. It was so fun to be there and talk to non-members and hear their questions.If you would like a break down of what each room is please email me and I will be happy to send you the image with written details. Want to learn more on your own rather then emailing me? You may also visit Mormon.org.













4 comments:
Love this temple! SO pretty inside!
Oh I looooove it!! We really need to go to that Temple!! And I definitely want to see the visitor's center!
Thats really cool. I want to check it out next time I am there!
Excellent Post! A modern day castle is a great way to explain it. I wish I could live there forever.
Post a Comment