IT CAME, IT CAME, IT CAME!!! It is finally here!!! My dad got me this present I have been asking for since... since I heard it on TV in like 2005, regardless of me having any children or not.
My Baby Can Read
Funny thing is... I got Gian "Teach Your Baby Math" ahhahahah. When G-On was in one of his classes last year, his professor talked about it with the class. G knew he wanted to do this with his son-to-be. GDashOn is very passionate about math and teaching, he really is so brilliant and wants to share that love with his kids.
I have no idea how Ekemona will actually respond to these products, but I want to do everything I can to help him progress. I remember thinking when I was younger, how I will do everything I can to help my children read, and read young. Because of my APD and my delayed reading and comprehension skills, I have always felt very passionate about it. I would never want my children to have to go through what I went through. This is my passion, to ensure their ability to read, to teach them in multiple ways... because we all do learn differently. So if Eke ends up not loving it then that is OK. At least I know I did my best to get him interested and get him involved while still stimulating his growing brain!
It may sound funny to some that we as parents can be so passionate about learning. From my personal experience, I understand that it may not be for every child, and by no means will I ever push anything they don't want, but it is important to me to offer them every possibility to learn, especially because I know of the struggles and pains that can come with delays.
4 comments:
Good for you!! Learning is very important and you can never start too young. You're doing all you can to help your sweet boy reach his greatest potential, whatever that may be. You're an awesome mommy.
OOH!! I want to know how those things work out... it sounds way cool.
Also, thanks for your advice on what to get! I might register this Saturday depending on if I feel like dying when I get off work or not. ;)
When i was watching Matthew, his dad left 'Your baby can read', it was awesome, Ethan started saying stuff like Elephant and Gorilla, and he would start to see small words on the tv like 'Hi' and say it before they did! I don't have it anymore, so its a good excuse to come see you more often! hahahah
Your dad is so sweet :) Keep us posted
Post a Comment